Thursday, August 23, 2018

First!

This will be the web site for CIS 086: Web Development with PHP and MySQL, at Mission College in Santa Clara, California.

I will post video lectures online here (and possibly in Canvas also). We will have lab time together on Saturday mornings from 9:00 am until 12:10 pm. Our first lab session will be on August 25, 2017. Lab attendance is mandatory and we will take attendance each Saturday.

The textbook will be Learning PHP, MySQL, and JavaScript, with jQuery, CSS, and HTML5, by Robin Nixon. You can get the textbook in the Mission College Bookstore or you can order it from Amazon. This is a new textbook. We are the first class who will use this textbook at Mission College. It includes lots of material that we won't cover in this class, but you will find it useful if you take other classes like JavaScript or Web Design.


2 comments:

  1. I need to enroll in this class. But, I can not find it in my class search for this semester (Fall 2018). I am a current MC student and this course will help me get my Web Developer Certificate in December. Could you please provide me with the info to enroll (code, course number)? Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete